Friday, July 30, 2010

Back to Bruny.

This Sunday Mrs Chef and I are off to Bruny Island again for a lunch with the Rare Foods boys Ross and Mathew. The lunch is going to focuss on Bruny Island lamb and of course some of their fantastic pork products, that will be sadly missing from the Sunday farmers market until September. Almost out of bacon what to do. We will also get the chance to try some Bruny Island wines as well. Very much looking forward to this lunch as I am a big fan of what they are doing and I am hoping to get some curing tips from Ross. I plan to take some photos and post them early next week. On the way we will stop at Bruny Island Cheese and get some saint to compare with our little gems we made the other week with Nick. It will be interesting to see if we can notice a difference between our raw milk cheese and a pasturised milk cheese. Will let you know about that one.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing about your Bruny trip Simon. Did you see the article about life on the island in yesterday's Mercury magazine supplement? Made me want to relocate there immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ritta yes I did see the article on Saturday and it looked great. If I did not have to work as much it would be a fantastic place to live. Stay tuned for update and photos of the Rare Food Lunch with Ross and Mathew.

    ReplyDelete